Welcome to Finn and Fern Waldorf Inspired Dolls, where dolls are created with the finest materials and careful attention to detail.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Off to School! (and back to dollmaking!)

I'd like to blog a little more often here now that Autumn is coming, which also means I'd like to share a little more of my life.  I had a blog long before, but after Maura's seizures calmed down, I felt like I lost my place there...and found my place here!  So I hope you don't mind, but I'll be blogging here now instead!


Yesterday,  I sent my littles off to school...both of them.  This is the first time in her life that someone other than a grandparent or one close friend has ever taken the reigns of Maura.  It's not as scary as I envisioned it to be three years ago, but I still worry about her.  Those seizures still lurk in the back of my mind like a monster under the bed!

She's taking some getting used to it, as am I, but we are doing alright!  She came out with a smile on her face yesterday!

Patrick, on the other hand, didn't even need me to walk him into school yesterday.  He was such a trooper.  I know that we followed a very attachment parenting stance, without reading books on it..it just came naturally, and then I'd read things, and be like Hey! I do that!  And I think it works.  He's independent and confident and loves school very much!  It's the best I can hope for, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment