Welcome to Finn and Fern Waldorf Inspired Dolls, where dolls are created with the finest materials and careful attention to detail.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Virginia May


Will there be Easter where I am going?  You know how much I like little bunnies and eggs and chocolates wrapped in pretty foils!



Oh Virginia...I'm sure there will be, and I'm sure wherever it may be, it will be warmer than it is here!


Do you think there will be trees to climb?  I promise I won't wear my Sunday best!

I'm pretty sure your new mama will bring you places so that you can climb trees, Miss Virginia.


You know, I prefer to be called Ginny when I'm not all dressed in my Sunday best!

I know, Miss Virginia.  I know!  That is why I'm sending you off into the world with two outfits, didn't you know?

Oh? A second outfit?  Will it be dungarees? So that I don't scrape my knees?  You know my knees won't look so pretty in this dress with scrapes on them.



Why yes, Virginia!  A pair of dungarees and a pretty bohemian cotton top.

Bohemian?  Are you saying I'm a wild girl?

Well Miss Virginia...I know all about you fiery little redhead girls.  You like so much to look your best always, but you also like to play.  You are sassy and full of spunk, but you are also reserved and well behaved when you must be.

I guess you know me well, don't you?

I do...I do Miss Virginia.



Virginia May, who prefers to be called Ginny when she is out playing with the boys and getting dirty making mudpies and climbing trees, will be available via auction on Monday at The Enchanted Toybox.  She comes with many nice things for you to dress her up in.

She has a beautiful cotton dress adorned with lace around the empire waist and a bunny button.

Her coat is made of wool and pink satin taffeta.  She insisted it be pink inside.  She told me her hair looks best with pink.

She wears a tulle underskirt.

She has on cotton panties.

Her headband is handknit and is adorned with a bunny button as well.

Her shoes are handknit cotton and I've especially picked some pretty buttons from my grandmother's vintage button box.

Her second outfit is a cotton top adorned with a wooden button.

Her dungarees are repurposed denim, perfectly worn in for playing.

She asked for a bracelet of Jade and Rose Quartz.  It has silver embellishments and a silver clasp.

As always, Virginia May is made from the highest quality Dewitt Engle cotton and stuffed with clean carded wool.  Her eyes and mouth are sewn with fine embroidery floss.  Her seams are stitched for durability.

For more pictures of Miss Virginia, please visit my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/finnandfern.  Thank you as always for stopping by to visit with us!




No comments:

Post a Comment