Welcome to Finn and Fern Waldorf Inspired Dolls, where dolls are created with the finest materials and careful attention to detail.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Behind the Scenes at Finn and Fern

It was fine and dandy in the summer when I had a place to photograph my dolls, but as the weather turned, and the dampness snuck into my yard, the last thing I wanted to do was take my handmade sweethearts out into the yard!

I've tried a variety of things, but it always involves some major setting up.  I wanted an option that could work on the fly.  So when I painted my studio two weeks ago, I had an idea in mind.

I had an old cork board.  I could paint it to match the room, and make it into a portable spot for pictures.  It's actually working out really well!  I know the floor is dark as well, but I've already tackled that problem for the next set of pictures.  All of this stuff was stuff I had.  The knobs were from an old dresser.  They work perfectly for hanging clothing!  The corkboard was just sitting around, but any board would work just as well.  I also used some faux wood tiles for the floor that you'll see in my next upload.  I might even add a piece of floor molding to the cork board that I know I have in the basement!  All in all, I created a small photostudio for my dolls for next to nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment